of the Chivalric Order of St. Michael
Rt. Rev. Mar Melchizedek, GCSM
Ms. Julie-Anne Michael, GCSM
Grand Master of the Order
Companion of St. Michael
Ms. Jacqueline Davis, CSM
Mrs. Katherine McGowan, CSM
Mrs. Nosheen Rafiq, CSM
Ms. Harriet Pincus, CSM
Rev. Joseph Rafiq, CSM
Dr. Christopher T. Shelton, CSM
Lieutenant Matthew S. Whisman, CSM
Canon of St. Michael
Rev. Dr. Claude A. Chaussier, COSM
Knight or Dame
Rt. Rev. Charles Browne, KSM ✝
Rev. Elizabeth Brown, DSM
Rev. Michael Nicholas, KSM
Mr. Thomas Miller, KSM
Rev. John Durand II, KSM
Mr. Val Matthews, KSM
Mr. Ronald Bridges, KSM
Mr. Raymond Brenni, KSM
Miss Dawn Judith Patrick, DSM
Knight or Dame Officer
Knight or Dame Commander
Knight or Dame Grand Cross
Dr. Wilson Van Dusen, GCSM ✝
Rt. Rev. Dr. William C. Baron, GCSM
Our special blessings and prayers during Divine Liturgy for each member of the Holy Chivalric Order of St. Michael the Archangel, now and always. Amen.
THE INSIGNIA OF THE ORDER
The Regalia shall consist of a watered silk ribbon. The color of this watered silk ribbon shall be light blue and pervasive throughout all the Order’s ribbons and any enameling on the hardware.
All hardware shall be in gold color. Dames of the Order shall customarily wear all Regalia suspended from a watered silk bow ribbon.
The Orthodox Cross shall be used.
All ecclesiastical members of a chivalric order shall have their own regalia, which mirror rank within the church:
- For Companions of the Order an oval medal with an image of St. Michael, suspended from a silk ribbon, shall be used.
- For Canon of the Order a non-enameled Cross of the Order suspended from an enameled patriarchal crown shall be used.
- For Knight or Dame, an enameled Cross of the Order, suspended from a patriarchal crown, shall be worn; with a medal also being commissioned, as well as a miniature medal of the same.
- For Knight or Dame Officer, the cross suspended from an enameled patriarchal crown which then is suspended from a silk ribbon, shall be worn; with a medal also being commissioned, as well as a miniature medal of the same.
- For Knight or Dame Commander, the cross, enameled, suspended from the enameled patriarchal crown which then is suspended by a silk ribbon worn at the neck; with a medal also being commissioned, as well as a miniature medal of the same shall be worn.
- For Chivalric Attaché and Diplomatic Attaché, the cross with starburst is worn.
- For Knight or Dame Grand Cross, a wide sash of color worn from the right shoulder to the left side of the waist with a large enameled medal suspended from an enameled patriarchal crown shall be worn. A Knight or Dame Grand Cross is also authorized to wear the neck order of Knight or Dame Commander in conjunction with the grand sash and starburst. A superimposing of an Icon of St. Michael the Archangel on the cross in an oval disk shall be optional.
- Ambassador of the Order shall wear the Regalia of whatever rank he or she holds in the Order.
- The Grand Master of the Order shall wear the Grand Collar of the Order with the starburst Grand Cross and sash.
The Cross as shown on our stationary and publications shall be incorporated in all regalia.
Double Headed Eagle
The Double headed Eagle shall be used for a badge for the ecclesiastical members in conjunction with the cross and patriarchal crown.
script shall be in the language of Orthodox Church. The motto shall be
the scriptural verse of St. Michael the Archangel: “One who is like God”.
This script shall be incorporated onto the regalia.
Given at Lincoln on May 15, 2001, the Feast day of St. Pachomios the Great